I have to confess… I used to be a total chocolate addict buying bags full of chocolates to last me through the week. Then I started eating healthier and healthier and realized that I had to cut out sugar as well. Once I did, all that ‘fake’ processed chocolate didn’t taste good at all anymore! Do you know how disappointing my first bite of my once- favorite- chocolate was! It didn’t taste good at all …
Dairy Free Refined Sugar Free
But I still was looking for something sweet and comforting so I started making this guilt free chocolate. It took some time to get the ratios just right, but now I always have a few truffles in my fridge and sneak them here and there.
- 1 tbsp sunflower butter (unsweetened)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (unsalted)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp Agave Syrup or sweetener of your choice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Himalayan sea salt to sprinkle on truffles
- Truffle form
- Mix all ingredients except for the sea salt until very smooth and slightly runny
- Pour the mixture into a truffle form or any small silicone mold you have
- Sprinkle salt on top. The salty flavor really brings out the sweetness of the chocolate
- Put them in the freezer for 30 minutes
- Then you can pop them out of the molds and enjoy! But remember, the leftovers have to stay in the freezer or they will melt again
This is my basic recipe for chocolate. Now you can go wild with adding different flavors to it.
I love putting a handful of fresh raspberries in the blender and then adding the rest of the ingredients.
Or use cashew butter instead of peanut butter and the chocolate won’t taste like nut
butter at all. Or go all in with just using peanut butter and leaving out the sunflower butter!
Other great additions are peppermint oil for mint chocolate or lemon oil for a citrus chocolate. You will only need a few drops when you are using food grade essential oils.
I’m excited to hear what other combinations you come up with! Please leave me a comment with your creations so I can try them as well.