This crochet tank top is a beginner friendly crochet pattern that is fitted. This means that I designed it not as a flat piece, but with sort of faux bra cubs built in. I designed this crochet cami to go with the Cropped Cardigan. Since that cardigan is so super soft and I have been wearing it everywhere, I thought it would be nice to design a crochet set with a top and jacket.
First, you crochet a ripped band, then single crochet in rounds, increase for the bust and finally add the band.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through my link, I will make a small commission with no extra cost to you. “
Fitted Cami Materials:
Crochet Terms (US):
- Ch- Chain
- Sp – Space
- St – Stitch
- SC – Single Crochet
- BLSC – Back Loop Single Crochet
- sc2tog – using single crochet to join two stitches together. Single Crochet 2 Decrease Insert hook into stitch and draw up a loop. Insert hook into next stitch and draw up a loop. Yarn over, draw through all 3 loops on hook.
- Sl St- Slip Stitch
This Cami is fitted with room for a size C cup. The pattern is made for medium size.
13 sts x 18 rows = 4“ x 4“ (10 x 10 cm)
This tank top is started with the bottom band. Then it is worked in closed rounds from the bottom up right onto the band.
Tank Top Crochet Pattern:
Row 1: Ch9, sc across, ch1( does not count as st), turn
Row 2-97: blsc across, sc in last st, ch 1, turn
Fold 2 ends together and slst along the edge, ch 1, turn to side
Round 1: sc along edge, slst to start
Round 2-15: ch1 ( doesn’t count as st) sc around, slst to start
Round 16: sc14, 3sc in next 3st, sc17, 3sc in next 3 st, sc around, slst to start
Round 17-33: rep round 2
adding the triangular tops
Row 34: ch1, sc29, turn
Row 35-47: Ch1(does count as st), sc across, sc2tog, turn
Row 48: ch1, sc2tog, ch42 ( or as long as you need to comfortably reach around your shoulder) slst to 13th st from side (or whichever stitch is best to cover your bra straps on the back or feels the most comfortable)
Now all that is left is adding the finishing rows to the top.
After you slip stitched to the band to the back, continue with sc along the back edge and up the triangular piece of t he front. Then sl st along the band to make it thicker. Fasten off once you reach the end.
Do the same on the other side.
And finally, sc along the front of the piece. So starting on one edge of the triangular piece, all the way down and up on the other side again, fasten off and weave in all ends.
I hope you will enjoy this Cami Crochet Pattern as much as I do. Comment below if you have any questions and show off your own crochet crop top here and on Instagram #kaileacrafts
- Icicles Cowl Crochet Pattern – Create this elegant cool weather cowl with a soft but thick bulky yarn.
- Rainbow Hat Crochet Pattern – Crochet this fun rainbow hat for the cold weather months..
- Houndstooth Boot Cuffs Crochet Pattern – Create this intricate yet easy pattern to warm up your legs.
- Velvet Sweater Crochet Pattern – Crochet this velvet sweater to cuddle up in during the colder months.