To create your own DIY jellyfish ornament for your Window or other home decor is a fun and easy craft to do in an afternoon.
First, you take the sea urchin and string in on a jute string. Then you place the air plant in the other opening of the sea urchin.
- Air plant
- A shell from a sea urchin
- Jute String or any other rustic looking string you can find in your craft stash
1. Attach the Jute String
Take the string, fold it in half and pull the loop through the holes in the sea urchin.
2. Secure with knots
Next, make as many knots with the two ends as new so the string won’t pull out of the top hole in my he sea urchin. Pull it up to check.
3. Attach air plant
Finally, just put the air plant in the bottom hole of the sea urchin so it is hanging up side down. These are the tentacles of the jellyfish and the sea urchin is the body.
If you would like, you can add glue to both the string and air plant to keep it all secure. I left mine without glue because it didn’t look like it would come apart.
4. Hang your jellyfish planter in your favorite spot
Now you can hang it anywhere in the house or outside. Don’t forget to make some more for your friends! These little ornaments also make great housewarming gifts that are green and made from all natural resources.
- Woodburning Snowflake Ornament – Create snowflake ornaments from woodburned wooden slices
- Crochet Gnome Decor – Crochet a cute gnome for Valentine’s Day
- RainbowWall Hanging – Cute rainbow wall hanging for the nursery
- Spring Flower Woodburning Decor – Poppy flower wall hanging